Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in Recipes
Meaty Lentil Loaf
- 2 – stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 – onion, chopped
- 2 – cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 10 ounces – firm tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup – walnuts, finely ground
- 1 1/2 cups – cooked brown lentils
- 1 1/4 cups – quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons – low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons – low-sodium ketchup (additional for topping)
- 1 tablespoon – Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons – dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon each – thyme, sage, and rosemary
- Low-sodium ketchup, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray loaf pan (or use non-stick silicone bake-ware).
- Sauté celery, onion and garlic on high heat in skillet with a little water or low sodium vegetable broth for 5 minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Mash tofu in large bowl.
- Stir in cooked mixture and remaining ingredients, and combine well.
- Spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- Top with a layer of ketchup.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.