Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 pound (about 2 heads) – raw broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup – red onions, diced
- 1/2 cup – raisins
- 1/2 cup – raw sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup – raw tahini
- 2 1/2 tablespoons – red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons – date syrup OR 2 dates
- 1 clove – raw garlic
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Chop the broccoli florets into small, bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl combine the broccoli, red onion, and raisins.
- Blend the tahini, vinegar, dates, garlic, and black pepper until smooth. You may add 2 tablespoons of water to thin out the dressing, if desired.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli, onions, and raisins, and toss well. Let the salad marinate for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, stir in the sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.